Urogynecology is a sub-specialty of gynecology and urology, involving the diagnosis and treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic floor disorders. Urogynecologists view the urinary and reproductive systems as being intertwined and not mutually exclusive.
Urogynecology was recently recognized as a board-certified subspecialty. Our physicians who specialize in urogynecology were among the first in the nation to become board certified and are dedicated to providing you with the highest level of care. If you suffer from pelvic floor disorders such as prolapse, incontinence, or sexual dysfunction, you are not alone. These problems are so common that many women often think it is a normal part of aging; they are not aware of the many new treatment modalities available to them. We are passionate about offering treatments to women to help improve their confidence, daily activity, and quality of life.
Services we provide:
- Repair of pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic floor therapy
- Therapeutic injections for pelvic muscle spasms and persistent pelvic pain
- Bladder instillations
- Interstim therapy
- Procedures for urinary incontinence
- Urodynamic testing
- Treatment plans for patients who suffer from bowel disorders
- Treatments for sexual dysfunction
- Nutritional therapy with a registered dietitian